Synchronization server in the current version does not support the functionality of the most webmail CalDAV clients available on Google Play. The tried-use client is Caldav Sync Free Beta
Please note the limitations of functionality mentioned at the end of this article
Selecting the calendar
To go to the calendar synchronization options page, click on the Other tab at the top menu and select Synchronization
- At the main left menu, click on the Calendar icon .
- Select the calendar(s) you wish to synchronize. Do not close the window, you will need URL of the calendar for client settings..
Installation and setup of the CalDAV client
Install Caldav Sync Free Beta
from Google Play and add a new account
- Settings > Accounts and Synchronizations
- click to Add account at the bottom of screen and choose CalDav Sync adapter
- Fill in appropriate credentials
- User: your email address
- Password: mailbox's password,
- URL: https://betawebmail.forpsi.com/caldav/emailov_adress/
- Account name: a name which will be displayed in the list of accounts.
- close configuration wizard by clicking to the button Sign in or register.
The client can synchronize data from Android calendar with the server under the following conditions. For this reason we do not recommend to use automatic synchronization. It is better to do a manual synchronization instead it.
- click onto the account name and check setting
- Use an item Sync now to provide a manual synchronization
- synchronization of events added via Android
- synchronization of events added via webmail
- synchronization of events modified via webmail
- change of time, date, transfering events to all-day event and back
- synchronization of all-day events modified via Android
- changing of an existing event with a time in Android – the only tested way is to first convert the event to full day:
- choose the event you want to modify,
- convert it to full day event -> synchronize it,
- now modify the full day synchronization and make the changes (date, time, name...) -> and synchronize.
Repeating events can synchronize wrong way if you modify (delete) only certain events in a
If an error occurs during synchronization - CalDAV sync error (general), it is necessary to delete the event that is causing it (usually an event with a set time that has been modified in Android Calendar). Only then you will be able to continue with the synchronization.